In case if you have not enough space on system drive or you print dozens of documents very often, you may need to move the default folder with print jobs to another location.
By default, Windows XP print jobs are saved to a directory C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Besides, by spooling information to this directory, in case there is a printer error, you can reprint the file as soon as the printer error is fixed.
If you have more than one partition, you may wish to move this directory to another place. If you finally decide to do that, you need to follow next steps:
1. Click [Start], then [Printers and Faxes].
2. In the [Printers and Faxes] window, choose [File] in the Menu bar, then [Server Properties].
3. In the [Server Properties] dialog box, navigate to [Advanced] tab.
4. Next to [Spool Folder], choose the desired directory name where you want spooled print jobs to appear.
5. Click “OK” to close the dialog box.